SHAC (School Health Advisory Committee)
- All school districts are required to have a School Health Advisory Council (SHAC). The purpose of the SHAC is to provide recommendations to their local administration and Board of Trustees on coordinated school health programming and its impact on the student health and learning. The SHAC is guided by the 10 components of coordinated school health.
- SHAC’s provide the most effective ways for schools to interact with the local community on school health issues and serve as an advocate to promote nutrition and physical activity. SHACs review and recommend policies, procedures, strategies, and curriculum options with care.
- Recent educational programs such as AIM for Success, Nutritional Monitoring, Fitness Grams, ESTEEM, and child safety matters are the direct result of our FISD SHAC.
- FISD SHAC meets at least 4 times during the school year.
- Any parent/guardian having any questions or interested in serving on the SHAC board, please contact Hannah Felts, District RN or click the link to fill out the application Student Health Advisory Council (SHAC): SHAC Member Applications / Nominations form (google.com)